Founding Principal for a New Independent Senior International School opening in Central London, September 2021.
We are seeking applications for a Founding Principal for a ground-breaking, central London International School. The school will blend the best of 21st Century, research-based educational practice, an innovative curriculum and international education as part of a leading global education group.
This school will be a unique offering in the London educational landscape. It will combine, project-based learning, character development with positive education and mindfulness. A growth mindset and entrepreneurship will be at the heart of what we do.
We are looking for an outstanding and dynamic educational leader. You should have a real passion for education, exceptional educational leadership abilities and excellent interpersonal skills.
As Founding Principal, you will have a great opportunity to shape the vision and future of education in London. The new school is part of an ambitious project which will grow both organically and by acquisition. You will have a wonderful prospect of contributing not only to the development of the school and its students but also to the broader agenda of what will become a world-class family of schools.
You should have a passion for teaching and learning, a great track record in educational leadership, excellent organizational and financial management skills and the ability to develop and sustain high-quality relationships with students, staff, parents and the broader community.
The role will commence in September 2020 to allow for active involvement of the Founding Principal in the opening of the school including marketing and the development of key values.
The successful candidate will have:
• A passion to promote lifelong learning and develop entrepreneurship in our students
• An understanding of positive education models, character development and project-based learning
• Experience of developing curricula in an international context
• The ability to provide outstanding leadership and management of teaching and learning
• The ability to plan strategically in a developing context
• Experience of selecting and leading senior management teams
• Cultural sensitivity and a drive to develop the highest moral and ethical standards in students and staff
• The ability to motivate and empower staff and students
• Excellent analytical skills
• Commercial acumen with experience of developing, controlling and managing school budgets
Salary and Benefits
The salary and benefits package is highly competitive and reflects the challenges and responsibilities associated with this prestigious role. The successful candidate will be offered a two-year contract which will be mutually renewable. The benefits package includes: flight allowances (if applicable), housing allowance, health insurance, and relocation package (if applicable).
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. All applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service as well as appropriate police checks from countries in which the candidate has served.
Please contact Tom Nutley, Candidate Attraction Consultant at TES on 0776 7001965 or via email email@example.com for more details or for an informal chat about the role.