International Schools Partnership (www.internationalschoolspartnership.com) are seeking to appoint a Founding Principal to found The Hamilton International School from January 2019 onwards, with a view to opening the school in September 2019.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrable track record of outstanding senior educational leadership, with IB curriculum experience in UK independent schools, and ideally schools with an international intake with a preference in the Middle East. They will be a visionary, strategic leader and a committed team player who demonstrates a collegiate and collaborative approach to working with others. They will have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and maintain strong and positive relationships with all the school’s stakeholders.
The Hamilton International School will open September 2019 and serve as an international school with a reasonable fee structure offering a high-quality education in Doha, Qatar.
The school will be based on the British Curriculum and IB contextualized for Qatar. Throughout all stages, the curriculum will be further enhanced with Arabic, Islamic Studies and Qatari History as per Ministry of Education (MOEHE) requirements.
- The Early Years Foundation Stage will be offered for ages 3 to 5.
- The International Primary Curriculum will be used for ages 5 to 11.
- Key stage 3 UK curriculum for ages 11 to 14
- The IGCSE curriculum for ages 14 to 16.
- The AS/A Levels and IB Diploma Programme (IBDP) for ages 16 to 18 (Grade 11 & 12)
The curriculum will be designed to incorporate the local Qatari requirements.
The Hamilton International School will have a distinct character based on ‘inclusion’ and ‘maximum choice.’ At all stages, it in envisaged that students will play a central role in their learning through exercising choice and evaluating their own progress. This might be choice of learning activity, choice of project work, choice of play, choice of courses, programmes, subjects or qualification type. ISP believe that offering wide choice ensures students’ needs are best met and therefore, engagement levels are high.
The role will report into the Regional Managing Director, Middle East.
Providing a challenging, inquiry based learning culture dedicated to applied professional learning wherein choice and personalization are key to each child’s progress. Integrating technology with Arts, Sciences, and Humanities to ensure students are equipped for the ever-changing future world-of-work.
Real Learning by engaging our students in critical thinking and problem-solving activities that embellish their understandings. Developing global citizens for a real future, enabling our ambassadors to succeed in our ever-changing world.
Our Vision aligns with the shifts in the ever-changing world which animates our Mission and our Values:
- To Inspire and support our students to discover and pursue their own passion in learning and life through maximum choice and authentic learning opportunities to embrace and create their own future.
- To allow students to explore, discuss, and meaningfully construct concepts and relationships in contexts that involve real-world problems and projects that are relevant to the learner.
- To discover and develop the potential within each child so that each of them breaks boundaries and achieves excellence, with confidence, creativity, and character.
- To involve our students in designing and creating a dynamic, international learning community based on self- expression, diligence, mutual respect and understanding.
- Achieve our academic, social and personal objectives by drawing on the richness of the school environment, the curricula and its people, the broader school community and environment.
- To Integrate Music, Arts, Sports, Big Questions within curricula enabling individuals to personalize their life-long learning and personal growth.
- To enable our students to mix courses between partnered schools across different countries.
To be the best we can in all that we do through inspirational learning, teaching and care.
- To enable students to develop individual character and confidence through exploring what they are interested in and love so that they will achieve success and innovation in the global world.
- To promote leadership qualities, teamwork and life skills in students of all ages so that they gain resilience and diversity of thought and can make difficult decisions in challenging circumstances.
- To establish a dynamic, international learning community, which supports, challenges and excites children as they learn and grow.
To provide a diversity in curricula to meet every student’s unique needs.