French & German / French & Spanish Teacher From September 2017 / (MPS)
Dr Challoner's High School is a leading selective state grammar school for girls, with a strong academic tradition and an ambitious outlook for the future. The school has a broad vision for education and is characterised by a highly purposeful pursuit of personal bests with a keen sense of fun bubbling under the surface. Challoner’s girls are articulate, courteous, sparky, hard-working and achieve highly in all areas.
The school was graded Outstanding by Ofsted in 2012 and gained the Exceptional Schools Award in 2014. We are looking for a well qualified, enthusiastic teacher to join our outstanding and highly respected Modern Languages and Classics Faculty. You will be required to teach French to both GCSE and A Level, and to teach German or Spanish too. We will expect you to contribute to teaching and curriculum initiatives across our highly successful Faculty, and to take the lead on, or accompany at least one trip.
Within the MFL & Classics Faculty you will experience:
• Exceptional students who consistently attain outstanding results and make teaching an absolute pleasure
• Excellent facilities, including interactive whiteboards and other IT resources • A supportive and highly capable and committed teaching team
• Excellent opportunities for professional development, including a proactive and highly regarded CPD programme, supporting the development of newly qualified and more experienced teachers
• London Fringe allowance
• NQTs considered; NQT’s will be paid from 1st July on UQ3 (currently £21,158) until the 1st September when, upon successful completion and acquisition of QTS, will move onto the Main Pay Scale
• Subsidised gym membership; staff discounts at local shops and restaurants in Little Chalfont
• The best advert however for working at Dr Challoner’s High School will always be our hugely rewarding students
Responsible to Head of Faculty
Salary / Allowances applicable MPS (plus London fringe allowance)
Start Date September 2017
Application Deadline Noon, 21st March 2017
Interview Date w/c 17th April 2017 T
he world is ever changing; Challoner’s Girls will shape that world.
An information pack is available from the Vacancies section of the school website or from firstname.lastname@example.org Informal visits to the school are welcome. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and those interested in job-sharing. Dr Challoner’s High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Please refer to our website where you can view our Child Protection and Safeguarding, Recruitment and Equalities Policies; all of our polices are available at www.challonershigh.com The successful applicant will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.