Are you looking to work part time, 3 days a week?
Would you enjoy teaching in a lovely, state of the art Academy that boast small class sizes?
If you answered yes to these questions, The Linden Academy would love to hear from you!
The Linden Academy are currently recruiting for a Modern Foreign Languages Teacher who specializes in French to join our vibrant team! We are seeking a dynamic teacher that will introduce, support and inspire children in their acquisition of a new language.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an aspirational MFL teacher from a Primary or Middle School background, qualified or unqualified
- Be able to teach French to all year groups from Year 2 to Year 6 as well as bringing the entire primary curriculum to life
- Be able to promote the effective teaching and learning of MFL with particular emphasis on oral competence
- Salary: Unqualified Teacher Scale or Main Pay Scale – depending on qualifications
- Type of role: Part time, Wednesday to Friday - Permanent
- Weeks: 34 academic weeks + INSET days
- Hours: 19.5 hours a week, 8:30am to 4pm
- Start Date: As soon as possible
Why work for The Linden Academy:
- Linden Academy was previously a fee-paying independent school under the name Moorlands, since converting to ‘The Linden Academy’ the school has very much kept their traditional values but applied them into a modern context
- Small class sizes with 18-24 maximum per class
- £30 million state of the art modern facilities in an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school
- Join a lovely close-knit team of teachers and SLT that are genuinely here to support you and want to see you succeed
- Brilliant CPD opportunities so you can constantly improve and develop
- Great support for NQT’s including your own dedicated mentor, reduced teaching timetable and ‘Outstanding’ teacher programmes available
- The school will be expanding to 504 pupils over the coming 2 years and with our fantastic partnership links within The Shared Learning Trust, there are plenty of opportunities to progress your career!
Here’s what Ofsted have to say:
“The Principal is passionate about making sure that every pupil achieves their best while at the school. She gives outstanding leadership to the school and has built a good team of leaders to support school improvement. Pupils enjoy coming to school and are keen to learn. As a result, attendance is high. They behave well in most lessons, and are careful and considerate of each other”.
“What first attracted me to The Linden Academy was its ethos. All members of staff were extremely welcoming and I loved the rapport between the staff as well as the relationships they had created with the children. Staff were passionate about the children's learning and progress, not just academically but personally. It was something I wanted to be a part of. During my time here, I have developed both professionally and personally. I started my employment as a timid graduate with little confidence of standing in front of a whole class. With great support and guidance, I have progressed from a Teaching Assistant to Class Teacher. Our Senior Leadership Team have greatly supported and built my confidence and ability in becoming a teacher. They have always been approachable and understanding with a genuine care for their staff's wellbeing. Staff across the school continue to support each other in any way they can to make sure we are promoting learning and progress to the highest standard for our pupils. It's a great community to be a part of." – Jessica Day
If you are interested in this job opportunity, please do apply today – we look forward to hearing from you!
‘We believe in the safeguarding and welfare of children and expect all staff to share this view’. The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.