Are you a talented and dynamic Linguist looking for the next challenge? Would you like to join a school community, which values the development of its teachers and invests heavily in CPD? We are looking for a teacher to join our successful Languages team.
Perhaps you are a trainee teacher looking to secure your first teaching post?
We offer the perfect environment for you to grow and develop as a professional. We recognise that the learning curve continues once the training year is over and offer a bespoke 3-year induction programme to newly qualified colleagues. Teachers on our NQT programme benefit from a minimum of 20% PPA time, no requirement to take a tutor group, and access to a range of high quality CPD and inset days informed by current research and pedagogy.
• an open and collaborative community that trusts its teachers, equipping them with the skills and allowing them the freedom to act as valued professionals;
• thriving annual exchange programmes and international trips;
• outstanding facilities and resources;
• a minimum of 15% PPA for all teachers;
• a training programme based on the latest pedagogy and research;
• a range of personal benefits, including Cycle to Work Scheme, on site leisure centre and an active staff social committee;
• rigid procedures for managing behaviour;
• an Ofsted outstanding School that believes ‘better never stops’.
For further insight into the Languages Department and Kennet School please view the attachments below labelled:
'A letter from our Headteacher’ (What We Believe)
‘Letter to Applicants’ (Staff Benefits)
‘A Letter from the Head of Languages’
We would like you to be:
• able to teach French up to GCSE level, with ability to teach A Level an advantage;
• creative, forward thinking attitude & unapologetically passionate about your subject;
• committed to working collaboratively as part of a team and across the school;
• willing to think creatively and take risks in the classroom;
• hard-working with excellent organisational skills.
How to Apply
The easiest way to apply is by accessing the role on www.TES.com and clicking the ‘Quick Apply’ button.
Alternatively you can download our application form from the ‘Vacancies’ section of our website and send your completed document to firstname.lastname@example.org
The school’s successes are well documented, but we believe that it is most impressive when seen in action.
We welcome enquiries and visits prior to application, so please get in touch with Chris Ellison, Deputy Headteacher for more information (email@example.com).
Deadline & Interview Dates
Deadline for applications is 9am, Monday 25 March and candidates selected for interview will be informed by telephone soon after. Interview date: Wednesday 27 March.
Kennet School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment, including being subject to a full DBS check.