Teacher of French
Part Time (0.5)
Salary: M1-M6 Scale
Fixed Term Contract for 1 Year
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational French specialist with the ability to teach up to KS5 to come and join our Modern Foreign Languages department. The MFL department is a very successful, friendly and motivated team of teachers who are committed to delivering languages with passion. With this post the ability to teach a second language would be an advantage.
The main purpose of the job role:
- To be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school,for ensuring that the school child protection policy is adhered to and concerns are raised in accordance with this policy.
- To offer all learners an effective education in a stimulating, Catholic environment, which provides equality of opportunity for all and is based on Gospel values
- To deliver the National Curriculum as relevant to the age and ability group/subject, other relevant initiatives, including ECM and the school;s own scheme of work
- To work in collaboration and partnership with learners, parents/carers, governors, other staff and external agencies.
The Ideal Candidate will need to have the following Skill Set:
- Graduate in French with the ability to teach up to KS5
- Fully Qualified Teacher
- Ability to teach either Spanish/German as a second language up to KS4 is desirable but not essential
- Successful teaching practices across all age ranges and ability levels
- Good Knowledge of current curriculum developments
- Successful experience working with young people in a pastoral capacity (e.g. As a form tutor)
- Evidence of further professional development
- Enthusiastic, innovative and exceptional teacher with a proven track record of excellent results in public examinations
- Enthusiastic practitioner who is keen to further develop their own practice
- A history of raising standards in student achievement through effective planning, assessment and tracking
- Ability to use our Smart-board technology to enhance teaching and learning across all key stages
- Ability to create, inspire and promote a culture of high achievement for all, with all learners achieving their full potential
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Willingness to participate in extra-curricular life of the MFL department and school
Please visit our website for more details on this post and to download the relevant forms.
Closing Date: 3rd of May 2017 by 12pm.
Interview Date: Week Commencing 8th of May 2017
For any questions on this position please contact: Jennifer Farrell- Hr Administrator
The Marist School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including reference checks with current/past employers and a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service.) check etc.