Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally.
In November 2016 Newcastle-under-Lyme College merged with Stafford College to form the Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group. The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes. We have over 2,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual with excellent communication and organisational skills. The post holder will occupy a crucial position as the initial point of contact for all customers. Duties will include dealing with customer enquiries over the phone and face to face, handling cash, issuing temporary passes and logging absence information.
The post holder will be required to assist with welcome events, open evenings and external events held at the College. The role requires someone who can work flexibly including evenings and weekends as and when required.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Educated to level 3 standard together with a customer services or business administration qualification
- Experience of working in a similar role with a track record for providing an excellent customer experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the confidence to deal with all college users in a polite but assertive manner.
What’s in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 24 Days annual leave, rising to 30 dependent upon years’ service (plus a 2 week Christmas closure period)
To apply for this role, please click on ‘Apply’ and complete an online application form.
Closing date: 20 th May 2018
Interview date: 31 st May 2018
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to Enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.