This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented, ambitious professional to join the teaching team within our school. It offers the successful candidate an excellent opportunity to promote learning and achievement and to contribute to the success and development of our school community.
The successful applicant will be:
• A highly motivated, enthusiastic and confident teacher who enjoys delivering high quality, creative lessons and inspiring a love of Computing.
• Able to teach across the age and ability range at age 11-16 and at A level. The ability to teach a second subject would be advantageous.
• Able to secure high standards of engagement, progress and achievement for all students.
• An inspiring practitioner who keeps abreast of the latest developments in learning and teaching.
• Able and willing to make a full contribution to the life of the school and be committed to extra-curricular activities.
• Eager to become a supportive Form Tutor.
In return we offer:
• A fantastic opportunity to contribute to the success of the Computing department within our school.
• The opportunity to develop within a highly supportive environment.
• Highly motivated students who are keen to participate and succeed.
• The scope to take a love of Computing well beyond the classroom.
We are a highly successful, oversubscribed 11-18 mixed comprehensive school with 1400 students in the school including over 260 in the sixth form. Our outcomes are consistently high with 81% of students achieving 9-4 in English and Maths in 2017 and our GCSE and A level results regularly place us in the best performing schools in the country. Our motto of ‘Realising potential and creating the future’ is reflected in our commitment to maximising the personal development and achievement of all those in our school community.
Further details and an application form are attached. Completed forms supported by a letter of application should be addressed to Miss J Mountain, PA to the Headteacher (Email address: Mountainj@fulford.york.sch.uk). Please state in your letter of application whether you wish to apply for this post on a full time or part time basis.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 18 February 2018
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo appropriate child protection screening including a DBS check.
Applicants will be asked to provide full employment history and any gaps in employment will be explored at interview.