Full Time Teacher of PE (girls’ or boys’)
with a willingness to teach Health and Social Care
Required for September 2018
You must be committed to the protection and safeguarding of children and young people.
This is an exciting opportunity for an outstanding and inspirational teacher with a real passion for PE, and willingness and potential to teach good and outstanding lessons outside of their subject specialism, specifically in Health and Social Care which is within the same department as PE. (Please note that NQTs will be considered regardless of previous experience of teaching out of subject).
The ideal candidate will:
- be an outstanding teacher of PE who can inspire and challenge learners of all abilities, enabling students to meet their full potential
- show a passion for teaching PE
- be willing to lead residential visits
- demonstrate a creative and imaginative approach to teaching and learning
- have excellent organisational skills
- be focused on building strong professional relationships
- be able to motivate and inspire students and colleagues to achieve their full potential
- be an advocate of a can do culture and philosophy
- be committed to the happiness, well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school
- show respect and promote the school’s ethos and CHARACTER values
- demonstrate the ability to fulfil all aspects of the role, with confidence, through the medium of English.
At Denefield School we can offer you excellent CPD within an environment where we all work together to achieve our shared ambitions for our students. This opportunity is open to both NQTs and experienced teachers. If appropriate, to enable the successful candidate to be included in our induction process, the appointment may be made with effect from the middle of July 2018.
If you want to be part of our plans for the future, please visit www.denefield.org.uk to download and complete an application form returning it, along with a covering letter of no more than two sides of A4, to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to discuss the role or arrange to visit the school, or indeed our day nursery for which we offer generous rates and term time only contracts for children of staff, please contact the school directly on 0118 9413458.
Denefield School is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. CVs will not be accepted
Closing date: 9.00am, Monday 21 May 2018
Interview date: w/c Monday 21 May 2018