The successful applicant will be:
• A highly motivated, enthusiastic and confident teacher who enjoys delivering high quality, creative lessons and inspiring a love of Sociology and Psychology.
• Able to teach A-Level in both subjects.
• Able to secure high standards of engagement, progress and achievement for all students.
• An inspiring practitioner who keeps abreast of the latest developments in learning and teaching.
• Able and willing to make a full contribution to the life of the school and be committed to extra-curricular activities.
• Eager to become a supportive Form Tutor.
We are a highly successful, oversubscribed 11-18 mixed comprehensive school with 1400 students in the school including over 260 in the sixth form. Our outcomes are consistently high with 81% of students achieving 9-4 in English and Maths in 2017 and our GCSE and A level results regularly place us in the best performing schools in the country. Our motto of ‘Realising potential and creating the future’ is reflected in our commitment to maximising the personal development and achievement of all those in our school community.
Further details and an application form can be downloaded from our website www.fulford.york.sch.uk. Completed forms supported by a letter of application should be addressed to Miss J Mountain, PA to the Headteacher (Email address: Mountainj@fulford.york.sch.uk).
Closing date for applications: Sunday 24th September 2017
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo appropriate child protection screening including a DBS check.
Applicants will be asked to provide full employment history and any gaps in employment will be explored at interview.