Vision for Education are actively recruiting on behalf of a special school in North Bradford for a full time Teaching Assistant that specialises in working with Autism to join their established and committed staff team. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the class teacher to deliver work which is usually based on the EYFS curriculum. School focus on a "Learn through play" approach and due to the pupils having Autism, there is usually an element of sensory involvement. As a teaching assistant at this school, you will be expected to work in groups and on a one to one basis carrying out intensive interaction sessions as well as working in the rebound and sensory rooms within the school with pupils that are either in crisis or just need to regulate themselves due to being overwhelmed. The successful candidate will have had experience working with Autism and learning disabilities before for a minimum of six months, this can be from working within the Health and social care sector or a similar field, previous experience working in a school is not essential. Please see below the other criteria that applicants need to have:
• Have a patient, supportive, empathetic and understanding nature.
• Preferable but not essential – Previous Experience working with students aged 3 – 19 with Autism or learning disabilities.
• Happy to work with children of all ages and young adults (3-19).
• Be vigilant and supportive when managing / de-escalating challenging behaviour.
• Comfortable with Personal Care if required.
• Have a real desire to work with SEN students on the Autistic Spectrum.
• Be confident working with both groups and 1:1.
• Be confident when liaising with parents and colleagues.
• Applicant must be available more than 3 days a week. (Monday to Friday)
• Applicant must hold a current enhanced DBS certificate or be willing to undergo one through Vision for Education and have it registered on the Update Service.
• Must have experience working with Autism.
Our specialist SEND consultants have the knowledge and expertise to find the ideal placement for you, with our long-standing and trusting relationships with each of our clients we are guaranteed to place you in positions to enhance your career and experience.
We promise to provide you with an honest and efficient service where we deliver high levels of customer service and after care to every candidate and client.
Benefits of working with Vision for Education:
• Rewarding rates of pay – Vision for Education pay to National Living Wage, not national minimum wage. We pay this as an absolute minimum to all of our candidates.
• Professional 24/7 support.
• Free CPD Training Opportunities including Team Teach training.
• Committed consultants.
• Continuous Support and feedback throughout.
• In house payroll department, so no need to sign up with a payroll provider.
We look forward to hearing from you, please apply now with your CV and if requirements are met our team will be in touch with you shortly.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All candidates will be required to complete our safeguarding checks and undergo an enhanced DBS check.