Vision for Education, the supply arm of TES, are seeking to appoint a Full-Time Teaching Assistant to join our supply teaching team and to work in a Pupil Referral Unit in Peterborough. This position is a full-time supply position due to begin from May 2018 and continue at least until July 2018.
As a Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) Teaching Assistant, your role will involve establishing and maintaining effective relationships with students and helping students to achieve learning targets set by the teacher. The successful candidate will be actively involved in promoting student well-being and developing self-reliance and self-esteem. It is essential that you are able to effectively support children by building a rapport on 1:1 basis, as well as within small groups. The successful candidate will also be responsible for supporting the class teacher and helping to ensure that lessons run smoothly.
The successful Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) Teaching Assistant will need to be:
· Resilient and able to hit the ground running in an environment that can sometimes be challenging
· Able to build up a strong and positive rapport with the children and young people you’re supporting
· Happy to work effectively in a team
· Friendly, approachable and flexible
· Able to manage challenging behaviour when required
· Willing to learn
*** A Team Teach Qualification is not mandatory but ideal for this position ***
We welcome applications from Teaching Assistants with a Level 2 and/or 3 Qualification in Childcare or equivalent, as well as individuals from a Support Worker and/or Career background.
To be considered for the position as a Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) Teaching Assistant, you must:
· Have experience of supporting children and young people with challenging behaviour, Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) Difficulties, Social, Emotional and Behavioural (SEBD) Difficulties and/or Autism (ASD/ASC)
· Be effective with managing behaviour and confident in using behaviour management techniques
· Have a passion for supporting children and young people with challenging behaviour and/or Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
· Have a genuine desire to become part of committed team of Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) education practitioners.
At Vision for Education, we take our responsibilities to our practitioners seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of the Vision for Education team, and as Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) Teaching Assistant, you will receive:
· Excellent daily rates of pay, paid weekly through PAYE
· Support through your placements
· Unparalleled daily rates
· Access to a dedicated SEND Consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
· Access to free specialist Continued Professional Development (CPD) opportunities such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and Moving and Handling Qualifications, and 20+ eLearning Courses through EduCare
· £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
· Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink
You must be eligible to work in the UK and meet Vision for Education's stringent safeguarding checks for this position as a Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) Teaching Assistant. We will also require you to hold a current DBS certificate (Child Workforce only) and it be registered on the Online Update Service. If your DBS is not registered online or you do not hold a DBS under Child Workforce, Vision will assist in your application.
If you are a Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you today.
Apply today or for more information on this role and other teaching opportunities Vision for Education have to offer within Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) across Cambridgeshire, please contact the Peterborough SEND Team on 01733 371371 or Lauren.Bates@visionforeducation.co.uk