St Joseph's Primary Murwillumbah South is a school that strives to be truly Catholic in our identity and life; a centre of the new evangelisation and a place where the dignity and potential of every student is recognised and enabled to achieve the fullness of life. St Joseph's Primary Murwillumbah South is a place where students are formed in the faith and can achieve high levels of ‘Catholic religious literacy’ and practice. St Joseph’s Primary Murwillumbah is a single stream, co-ed K-6 primary school with enrolment in 2020 of 155 students.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified teachers for the following position:
Full-Time Temporary Teaching position available for 2020 school year
● Support the mission, teachings and ethos of the Catholic Church’s work in schools.
The successful candidates will be a highly professional, growth-oriented practitioner with a demonstrated ability to:
● Contemporary approach to classroom teaching and co-teaching practices;
● Contribute to the collaborative culture of the school as a Professional Learning Community;
● Communicate effectively with staff, students and parents;
● Assess and provide feedback on student learning;
● Implement positive and supportive behaviour management practices;
● Use technology effectively and creatively to support student learning;
● Hold current NESA Teacher Accreditation;
● Current NSW Working with Children Check
Ideally applicants will be a committed Christian who worships regularly in their local Christian community, who will support the mission, ethos and teachings of the Catholic Church’s work in school.
Applicants are also asked to submit a written application of how they would address the above criteria (no more than 4 A4 pages) and to include nomination of 3 referees, including one from your parish priest in your regular place of worship and one from your current employer.
Enquiries about the positions contact the Principal Jason Clarke Ph: (02) 66721867
Interested applicants should apply in writing to:
Jason Clarke – Principal St Joseph’s Primary School PO Box 5003 Murwillumbah South
via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be received by 5.00pm Thursday 26th September 2019
Child Protection Legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Information on how to Register for Employment in the Lismore Diocese is available on the Catholic Schools Office website http://www.lism.catholic.edu.au/employment/employment-information/