Functional Skills and Sports Tutor
- £90-120 per day
- Role based in Dewsbury
- Full time (Monday to Friday)
- New opportunity to start ASAP!
- QTS / QTLS / PTTLS required
- Similar experience is essential for this role
You must have relevant experience for this role within the past few years working with children, young people or adults
We are recruiting for a Functional Skills Teacher / Tutor to teach Maths, English and ICT to KS4 and 5 learners on a full time basis, alongside some provision for sport and wellbeing.
For this Functional Skills and Sports Tutor role it is vital that applicants have knowledge and experience with this curriculum and experience of engaging learners with SEMH (Social, Emotional, Mental Health Needs).
The Functional Skills and Sports Tutor post will involve delivering tailored and individualised learning programmes to young people who have faced barriers to learning and may find study challenging. Functional Skills and Sports Teacher / Tutor will commence ASAP...
Essential Qualities and Requirements:
• You must have prior experience of delivering Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT, and ideally, sports.
• Be committed and skilful in the engagement of learners and adequately supervise participants
• This post will suit a staff member with a teaching or tutoring certificate PTTLS, QTLS, QTS qualification and proven experience delivering Functional Skills training in a school, college, adult education or alternative provision setting.
• Excellent teaching and learning strategies, interpersonal skills; enthused and passionate about their work.
• The role could suit recently qualified staff members with appropriate prior and placement experience.
Candidates for this Functional Skills and Sports Tutor role will be subject to full vetting and safeguarding procedures and willing to complete safeguarding training with ourselves.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company TES Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £350.
• Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
• £50 refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Huddersfield SEND team on 01484 642928 or firstname.lastname@example.org