Functional Skills English Tutor (Adult Education) – Hourly Paid (Day and/or Evening classes)
Academic Salary range: From Scale point 1 £12.45 (Plus Prep Uplift £1.25, Plus Holiday) – To Scale Point 6 £15.90 Per Hour, (Plus Prep Uplift £1.59, Plus Holiday)
Starting Salary Dependent on Qualification and Experience
Start Date: 1st September 2021
Contract: Fixed Term, Hourly Paid
Functional Skills English Tutor required, for our adult Functional Skills classes.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing team of adult tutors who are passionate about helping adults achieve their potential and grasp opportunities they felt were no longer possible.
We are looking for someone with experience and a good understanding of Functional English as the class is quite diverse with a range of levels and needs.
Ideally, we would like someone with flexibility as we require some evening cover on a temporary basis (2 hours a week) and also one regular day-time class (2 hours a week). There may be more opportunities for cover of other classes, such as our Pre GCSE or GCSE classes.
The post holder will be expected to:
• Work independently
• Be able to motivate students and help them enjoy learning English
• Ensure students understand the content of the syllabus by habitually delivering good lessons
• Mark assessments such as tests, mock exams and homework assignments accurately and in a timely fashion
• Closely monitor students’ progress and alert relevant parties to emerging issues
• Demonstrate excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
• Have a good understanding of the functional skills specifications
• Hold a PGCE or other level 4 teaching qualification, or demonstrate a commitment to obtain an equivalent qualification on the job
Further details can be found in the job description attached.
Closing Date: 24th August 2021, 9am
Interview date: To be confirmed
PLEASE APPLY NOW -This position will close once sufficient applications have been received
Benefits include: Teachers Pensions defined benefit pension scheme (including life assurance), sick pay scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, free on-site car parking, on-site fitness suite, Refectory and Cycle to Work Scheme.
This College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Cirencester College welcomes applications from all sectors of the community and is an equal opportunities employer.
- Further Education
- Students of age 16+ years
Cirencester College is a specialist Sixth Form college in a rural setting on the outskirts of Cirencester, Gloucestershire. One of only three designated specialist Sixth Form Colleges in the South West, Cirencester College is one of the top ranking S...