Functional Skills Maths Teacher 0.5
Salary: Up to £35,123 per annum depending on experience
Closing Date: Monday 27th January 2020
Interview Date: TBC
Nelson and Colne College Group is a beacon for educational excellence, made up of a family of colleges – Nelson & Colne College, Lancashire Adult Learning & Accrington & Rossendale College.
Nelson and Colne College are looking for a talented and student focused Functional Skills Maths Lecturer to join their enthusiastic team on a part time, fixed term basis working 17.5 hours per week until August 2020.
The successful candidate will be teaching Functional Skills Maths as well as delivering enrichment and enhancement activities. You will be required to keep up to date, plan and prepare high quality teaching as required by the Head of Division whilst ensuring close liaison and good communications with other staff in matters concerning students.
Main duties include:
• Develop and share resources for the subject including maintaining effective links across College for resources
• Maintain comprehensive, up to date, student/subject records and provide information, as requested
• Regularly assess students in order to track and monitor progress
• Be responsible for the appropriate administration of exam entries for the subject and liaise with external awarding bodies, as appropriate
• Value and support students to achieve their full potential
• Effectively manage the behaviour of students
• Engage in curriculum development and planning activities, individually and as a team
The ideal candidate will have:
• Degree in a relevant subject area
• Recognised teaching qualification or a willingness to achieve this within three years of appointment
• A higher degree or advanced qualification (desirable)
• Successful teaching experience in a relevant subject area (Functional Skills Maths)
• Knowledge of and proven ability to deliver the curriculum successfully and recent experience of successfully delivering Functional Skills Maths
How to apply:
If you are interested in this post and would like to find out more, please visit our website and complete an online application form.
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.