Functional Skills/GCSE Maths Teacher
Salary: Up to £34,775 per annum depending on experience
Closing Date – Tuesday 1st May 2018
Interview Date – TBC
Nelson and Colne College, an Outstanding education provider with excellent facilities and unparalleled staff benefits, are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Functional Skills/GCSE Maths Teacher to join their team on a full-time, permanent basis from August 2018.
The successful candidate will be an outstanding teacher, focused on student progress and supporting students into high quality educational and work based destinations. The ideal candidate will be flexible and have the ability to teach Functional Skills Maths, GCSE Maths as well as deliver enrichment and enhancement activities.
Main duties include:
· Be up to date, plan and prepare and high quality teaching
· Develop and share resources for the course/subject including maintaining effective links across College for resources
· Deliver enrichment and enhancement activities
· Maintain comprehensive, up-to-date records and provide information, as requested using College systems to track and communicate student progress
· Be responsible for the appropriate administration of exam entries for the course/subject and liaise with external awarding bodies, as appropriate
· Ensure close liaison and good communications with other staff in matters concerning students
· Use College systems to track and communicate student progress
The ideal candidate will have:
· Degree in a relevant subject area
· GCSE grade C (or equivalent) in Maths and English
· Recognised teaching qualification or a willingness to achieve this within three years of appointment
· A higher degree or advanced qualification (desirable)
How to apply:
If you are interested in this post and would like to find out more, please visit our website and complete an online application form.
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.