The Perins Multi-Academy Trust (MAT) is a Trust that is responsible for a collaboration to improve and maintain high education standards across Perins School and Sun Hill Junior School.
Trustees have overall responsibilities for governance and for the educational performance of each individual school, although each school still has its own local governing body. All staff are employed by The MAT.
A master funding agreement with The MAT is supplemented with funding agreements for each individual school. Trustees are responsible for the sound financial management of The MAT and, at a time when education funding is under pressure, are keen to ensure that all available alternative sources of funding are being explored effectively.
Reporting to the Assistant Business Manager, we are seeking an initial one-year fixed term Fundraising and Grants Co-ordinator. You will be responsible for investigating, researching and submitting for new funding and completing grant applications to maximise future financial support for The MAT.
You will also be responsible for planning, delivering and supporting a variety of fundraising events, including those led by volunteers across The MAT. You will seek out and develop new event opportunities to extend our reach amongst our students, staff, parents/carers and alumni aswell as within the community and develop our supporter base and will be sensitive in your approach as you deal with the management of potential and existing supporters and any enquiries.
1. To work to increase income by identifying new funding opportunities
2. To develop timely, tailored applications to meet the funding needs of The Perins MAT, working closely with the Assistant Business Manager and the Finance Team and those involved in PR and communication at the schools
3. To adhere to any funder’s grant stipulations – including completing reports and monitoring if necessary
4. To work with the Finance team with regards to ‘gift’ processing – thanking and recording
5. To act as a central point of contact for all funding related enquiries
6. To manage or support any fundraiser events in aid of The MAT (including supporting volunteer led events)
7. To work with the Executive Headteacher and Assistant Business Manager to help ensure the long term and short term fundraising strategy of The MAT is met
8. To report termly to the Trust Board
9. To develop fundraising strategy across The MAT
10. To respond appropriately to any other reasonable request from the Executive Headteacher or the Assistant Business Manager
11. To attend departmental meetings and other meetings as required
12. To take part in any necessary training and accreditation
13. To take part in performance management reviews
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Demonstrable experience of building and developing relationships with a diverse range of people
· Good organisational skills – ability to plan independently and organise own workload
· Good knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and ability to work with databases
· Energy and enthusiasm
· Ability to prioritise and manage tasks to meet deadlines
· Ability to work effectively as part of a wide team
· Ability to act on own initiative
· Research skills in order to identify new funding opportunities
· Skilled in maintaining personal and professional confidentiality
· A genuine commitment to The Perins MAT
· Knowledge of fundraising and/or working in the charity sector
· Experience in putting together successful grant applications
· Successful track record in raising significant levels of income from a range of funding and grant giving bodies
· Clear understanding of GDPR regulations and the implications for fundraising
· Educated to at least A-level or equivalent and have English and Maths GCSEs
Job related training where appropriate
Access to the Local Government Pensions Scheme
Free gym membership and discounted fitness classes
Discounted childcare at Nursery and Pre-School