We are looking for passionate, enthusiastic and talented teacher of Games Design to deliver provision at Foundation Degree and levels progressing to the Foundation Degree. The role is based at our Future Skills centre. You will be working in an exciting, dynamic and innovative department which offers a breadth of provision including BTEC, Rockschool and Salford University Foundation Degrees, as well as Career Ready courses in Creative Media Production. The successful applicant will be an inspirational teacher who promotes the highest aspirations for all learners.
We are seeking a teacher with excellent subject knowledge in the areas of Games Design & Development. The successful candidate would ideally have published titles in their portfolio. You must have good knowledge of programming (C# + XNA / Unity), systems design experience, experience with level building tools, Games Engines and ideally have some experience of analytics and prototyping. Social games experience is also beneficial.
An understanding of design fundamentals and appropriate visual arts skills essential. 2D Animation skills are also desirable. Soft-ware being used in the department includes Unity 5, Maya, 3D Studio Max and the Adobe Creative Suite.
You must be enterprising and can demonstrate an ability to combine a strong classroom presence with outstanding learner achievement. The ability to teach in a creative manner that fully engages all learners is critical.
The successful candidate will be a team player, excellent teacher and committed to providing pastoral support for all students.
To apply for this job, please complete the registration and online application form via our website.
For more information about Salford City College please visit our website and twitter or if you have any queries regarding this vacancy please email HR@salfordcc.ac.uk
Advert Closing Date: Midnight on Wednesday 30th November 2016
Interview Date: Week commencing 5th December 2016
Reference Number: SCC161758
Salford City College is highly ambitious and a leading provider in Greater Manchester. It aims to be outstanding in all aspects of its work.
Reasons to Join Us
- Sixth Form College’s Associations terms and conditions (195 days) and automatic enrolment on to the Teachers Pension Scheme
- A wide range of learning & career opportunities
- MyTech, Childcare, cycle to work & other voucher schemes
- Various health & wellbeing benefits (including discounted gym membership)
- We support the Skills for Life agenda and recognise the importance of all adults having functional literacy and numeracy whatever their role. All staff are therefore given the support to gain a level 2 qualification in literacy and / or numeracy if they do not already have one and all teaching staff are expected to promote the basic skills of their learners within their subjects.
- For information on living and working in Salford please visit here
Commitment to Safeguarding As part of our safeguarding commitment we undertake DBS checks as part of our pre-employment procedures on all potential new employees. Appointees will be required to pay for their own DBS checks where applicable to the post.