Hours: 15 hours per week 7.30 am – 3.30 pm Thursdays and Fridays, term time only (39 weeks)
Sheffield Park Academy is part of United Learning, a large, and growing, group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England.
Our schools work as a team and achieve more by sharing than any single school could. Our subject specialists, our Group-wide intranet, our own curriculum and our online learning portal all help us share knowledge and resource, helping to simplify work processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance.
As a Group, we can reward our staff better: with good career opportunities, better pay, benefits, and ultimately, the satisfaction of helping children to succeed. We invest in our staff wellbeing. Our academies each have at least eight INSET days per year (with three of those solely dedicated to planning), and an ongoing group-wide wellbeing programme. It's an ethos we call ‘the best in everyone’.
We are seeking to appoint a hardworking, enthusiastic and conscientious individual for the position of General Administrator at Sheffield Park Academy.
Main duties will include
- To provide general administrative support to the whole school.
- Typing letters, reports, class lists, curriculum documents, forms for support services etc.
- To communicate with visitors, take telephone calls, relay messages to staff and pupils,
- To receive and dispatch school mail and contact parents/carers and other external agencies.
- To provide an outstanding first point service to internal and external customers.
- To provide cover for Reception as and when required.
What we can offer you
- Excellent facilities and resources.
- A chance to become part of one of the largest groups of academies in the country.
- Caring, dedicated and friendly students.
- Colleagues who are supportive, friendly and who are committed to each other’s professional development.
- Excellent employee benefits which include an excellent pension scheme.
What we would like from you
- To be a team player.
- To have a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
- To be approachable and have excellent people skills.
- Outstanding organisation skills and a keen attention to detail.
- A fundamental belief in the power of education to enable students to achieve anything they set their minds to.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an Academy making rapid, year on year progress. In turn, we are looking for a candidate committed to playing a part in transforming the lives of our young people. Previous experience in a school setting is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided.
Please see the Job Description and Person Specification for further information.
Please apply online by clicking on the following link
Closing Date: Monday 21 October 2019
Where teaching is better shared
United Learning comprises: UCST (Registered in England No: 2780748. Charity No. 1016538) and ULT (Registered in England No. 4439859. An Exempt Charity). Companies limited by guarantee. VAT number 834 8515 12. Registered address: United Learning, Worldwide House, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough, PE3 6SB.