15 hours, Term Time 39 weeks plus 3 Days Cleaning
Percy Shurmer Academy is a large two form entry primary academy. We currently have 450 pupils aged from 3 to 11 which also includes 29 children in our Nursery and 14 hearing impaired pupils in our Deaf Learning Base (DLB). The school is divided into Nursery and Reception (EYFS), Years 1 – 2 (KS1) and Years 3-6 (KS2). We have been rated by Ofsted as Good ( June 2016) and work closely with Montgomery Primary Academy our partnership school sharing practices and procedures.
We are looking to appoint a General Assistant to assist as directed, with all aspects of the preparation of food and beverages to the standards required.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have similar experience working in a school canteen environment and a good understanding of food hygiene regulations
- Have the ability to be organised and work to tight deadlines
- Be able to build and maintain effective relationships with staff and pupils and be committed to our academy and our vision
Why should you join us:
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More training and development, so you can get better at what you do - Varied and stretching continuous professional development opportunities.
- More support for you and your loved ones - A health cash plan, employee loans and savings scheme, discounted gym membership and employee assistance programme.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin.
- More reward - A generous and flexible Local Government Pension scheme for support staff.
- More possibilities - To inspire children to find their remarkable.
Closing date: Monday 18 November 2019
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.