King's College School, Wimbledon is one of the leading independent day schools in the UK, based in SW London.
We are looking to appoint a general catering assistant to work within our busy in-house team of 27 staff in the catering department. Working in a modern well-equipped environment this position assists the delivery of catering on a daily basis during term time. This involves setting up, serving and clearing lunch, as well as helping prepare hospitality trolleys, plus assisting in the cleaning of the dining hall, servery and plate wash as required.
The ability to work within a team in a fast-paced, pressurised catering environment, whilst maintaining high standards is essential. Candidates should also have good communication skills with an approachable manner as they have daily contact with pupils and staff. Experience of catering is desirable, as is basic knowledge of food hygiene, but full training is offered.
Terms and conditions:
- Normal working hours: 20 hours per week, 11.45am to 3.45pm, Monday to Friday, 36 weeks per year
- 20 working days’ annual paid holiday plus statutory English public holidays (pro rata) – personal holiday can only be taken during the normal school holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Programme of health benefits
- Subsidised membership of the King’s Sports Club
- Uniform is provided
- Non-guaranteed overtime is available throughout the year once core hours are complete
A full job description and an application form are available from the King’s website: www.kcs.org.uk (under useful information/career opportunities).
Closing date: Noon on Wednesday 18th April 2018.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.