Our client school is a Preschool to Year 9 Independent School located in remote Arnhem Land. The school is part of Yirralka Education, a recently formed entity that enables local families, elders and custodians to govern their own educational programs and schooling for their children. The school offers competitive remuneration for its staff and provides full accommodation and relocation assistance.
About the Role:
- General Teacher
- Negotiable Start Date
- Ongoing role
- Passionate about Indigenous education, social justice and who can make learning literacy and numeracy practical & relevant to the Mäpuru context.
- Work with the Yolŋu assistant teachers to teach literacy in first language, Djambarrpuyŋu and help these assistant teachers teach the depth of academic thinking in their own culture and language.
- Experience in ESL, practical skills and trades (music, sports, arts, cooking and butchering) is an advantage.
- Ideal candidate will love the outdoors and can potentially help develop a rangering course.
- Full relocation provided
- Share House Accommodation provide free of charge
- Remote Financial Incentives
Benefits of Registering with Smart Teachers:
- Completely free service
- Gain access to exclusively listed positions
- Full disclosure on the role before your application goes to a school
- Smart is powered by Tes, the world’s largest education community that provides curriculum resources, career support and more!
- Possess current references
- Have the right to work in Australia
- Hold a teaching qualification recognised in Australia
- Be registered, or have the ability to be registered with NTTRB and obtain an Orchre Card
Fast track your application:
- If you are in Australia, email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference #WEB1804-527250SP
- If you are currently overseas, email your CV to Monet quoting job reference #WEB1804-527250SP – firstname.lastname@example.org
- To join our global education community, Click Apply now and you will also receive free access to the world’s largest education jobs database, curriculum resources, career support and much more!
If you’re not keen on this great job but know someone who is, just have them contact us and mention your name; this will ensure if they secure the job you will receive a $250.00 gift card as per our referral scheme (T&Cs apply).