George Pindar School,
Start date: As soon as possible in September 2019
Reporting to: SENDCo
Salary: Grade C
25 hours per week, TTO (Actual salary £10,213 - £10,625)
30 hours per week, TTO (Actual salary £12,256 - £12,750)
‘Serving others, growing together and living life to the full’
Hope Learning Trust’s vision
George Pindar School is an 11-16 community situated in Eastfield in Scarborough, which has just under 700 students on roll. Scarborough is easily accessible and whilst many of our current staff are local, many also travel from York, Hull, Driffield and the surrounding areas.
Our staff are our greatest resource and we are proud to be a host school to Teach First, Ambition School Leadership and NPQ providers. Staff who have relocated or who have entered teaching through all routes have stayed with us whilst our support staff have successfully applied for internal promotions and careers in teaching – and for us that is a sign of a school on the up!
On the 1 March 2019 we officially joined the Hope Learning Trust family of schools along with our fellow coastal partner Graham School. This is a positive step in our school improvement journey which sees us working collaboratively sharing best practice, developing our staff, developing advancements on teaching and learning and ensuring strong outcomes for our students.
We follow good educational practice and tested school improvement strategies which will over the next three years see George Pindar School begin to take its rightful place as a leading school in the area.
With a healthy intake in Year 7 and having completed a restructuring of our teaching and support roles we are recruiting for a number of General Teaching Assistants to join our school.
We are looking to appoint highly motivated Teaching Assistants to join our school. You will play a key role in helping to support pupils both on a one to basis, and in small groups.
We encourage interest and applications from candidates who are interested in and would thrive in working in secondary education which offers reward, challenge and where no two days are the same.
• Ideally have previous experience in this type of role or with children and young people
• Be able to support in the delivery of high quality learning experiences for all pupils
• Have high expectations of learning and behaviour and inspire and motivate our children
• Be supportive, nurturing and understanding with high expectations.
• Seek to make learning exciting and a positive experience
• Work well as part of a team
• Demonstrate good communication skills both orally and written
Overview and career development recruitment incentives:
• An opportunity to join the Learning Support department at George Pindar School
• Friendly and caring schools where all stakeholders work together for the benefit of the children
• A high level of support from staff and colleagues with the Hope Learning Trust
• Motivated, dedicated staff and a committed, active and supportive Senior Leadership Team
• Improving schools which support pupils to aspire to the very best, with a broad and balanced curriculum offer, collaborative learning and a wide range of extra-curricular activities
• A commitment to professional development and advancement opportunities within a growing MAT
The date of commencement for this post will be as soon as possible in September 2019 and the closing date for all applications is Monday 19 August 2019.
For an informal and confidential conversation about the role please contact the Principal Lesley Welsh at email@example.com or contact James Annetts at firstname.lastname@example.org (01609 534939 or 07966261249)
Some planned ICT works may mean that there is a slight delay to our response but we will aim to answer your messages as swiftly as possible.
Application forms can be downloaded from the school website www.georgepindarschool.org by clicking on the vacancies page.
Applications should be submitted by email to email@example.com
We are keen for any appointments to be confirmed before the beginning of the new school year. Interviews will therefore take place on Friday 23 August 2019 and shortlisted candidates will be contacted by phone and email by Tuesday 20 August 2019.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical clearance and satisfactory references.