Aylward Academy is an inclusive 11-19 community school and proud to serve the communities around Enfield. Over the last 4 years our school has been transformed and we are looking forward to continued success.
If you’re an outstanding, enthusiastic and ambitious Geography Teacher with QTS who can teach at KS3 and KS4 and across all ability ranges, and thinking about your next career move, please get in touch. You will demonstrate high standards of delivery in a consistent manner and be committed to improving achievement across all key stages.
We can offer you:
- The CPD at Aylward is excellent, there is a wide range of personalised opportunities to develop your practice and further develop your career. As a team we support and challenge each other through meetings, peer observation, mentoring and team planning.
- Opportunities to join a career development programme in line with your professional development – ie Ambition School Leadership, Transforming Teacher programme, Tailored Support Programme
- An extremely diverse and engaging student body; working at Aylward will prepare you for any London school and is an exciting challenge for those who’re looking to teach a vibrant multicultural mix of all abilities
- Friendly and supportive SLT - the door is always open to speak freely to senior leaders and you will be warmly received from your very first day
What you can offer us:
- The ability to engage a team of colleagues, inspire trust, and implement the right strategies within your classroom to ensure sustained progress across the subject
- Be committed to continuous improvement and development of both your students, yourself and the department
- Commitment to engage with and inspire pupils and build excellent relationships
AET believes that each and every child is inspired to choose a remarkable life. Our mission is to gather and motivate inspirational people committed to delivering an excellent education that launches children into remarkable lives.
Our values are:
- Be unusually brave
- Discover what’s possible
- Push the limits
- Be big-hearted
- Excellent career prospects across the network, with a culture of looking to promote from within
- Access to CPD to enable you to grow and develop in your role
- An annual season ticket loan (where applicable)
- Teachers' Pension or Local Government Pension Scheme
- Something we take very seriously is staff WELLBEING. That’s why we have partnered up with BHSF to provide support and employee benefits, such as a health cash plan scheme to support healthcare, discounted gym membership and a employee assistance programme
- A generous annual leave allowance
- The opportunity to use Google Suite, which allows you to do your best work, all in one suite
- Free car parking (where applicable)
- Subsidised or free lunch (where applicable)
Closing date: Monday 01 April 2019
Please note that we reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV's. To apply please click the ‘Quick Apply’ button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.