Smart Teachers are recruiting for a Geography Teacher / Geography NQT to join a “Good” comprehensive school in Greenwich, South East London. The successful candidate will be delivering outstanding Geography lessons within a successful Humanities Department. The school is situated close to local amenities and excellent transport links to enable easy access from central London and fringe areas. This permanent position will begin in September 2019.
About the Role
• Geography Teacher / Geography NQT
• Teach and plan Geography KS3 – KS5
• SEN support involved
• Permanent and full time
• Suitable for NQT's
• Salary from £29664 up to £40372 (dependent on experience)
About the School
• Very large 11-18 comprehensive school which has around 2000 pupils
• Ofsted rating “Good” in most recent inspection
• Have distinct provisions in place for various SEN pupils
• Students come to their sixth form from a wide range of schools including grammar and fee-paying schools
In order to be considered for this role, the Geography Teacher / Geography NQT will need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
• Good first degree in Geography or a Humanities Specialism
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers welcome to apply
• Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number RCR21623.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.