Rhodes Wood Hospital School is looking to appoint a Geography Teacher to join our teaching team. We are an independent school, rated Good by OFSTED, who provide education to vulnerable children and young people aged 8-18 that are being treated for an eating disorder. We are looking for someone who is passionate about their subject and determined to impart knowledge, skills and understanding to all our young people, whilst exciting and engaging them in their learning. The ability to teach geography at a high standard across Key Stages 3 and 4 is essential. As a school we deliver A-level Geography; the ability to teach this and other humanities subjects would be an advantage.
The successful candidate will have the drive and motivation to continually improve the department, whilst understanding the importance of developing a positive culture. The candidate will share our KITE values, Kindness, Integrity, Teamwork and Excellence, and have highest regard for our young people welfare and safety at all time.
This is an extremely rewarding and versatile role, perfect for a dynamic and fully qualified geography teacher, who is looking to work in a unique school setting.
We are looking for:
• An individual, with high expectations of their students, who is committed to ensuring a good rate of progress and has innovative curriculum ideas to support all students
• Someone who is kind and compassionate, with a sense of humour, who understands the importance of developing a positive culture in our organisation.
• The successful candidate will present the best possible example of professional standards to colleagues.
• Generous and flexible CPD arrangements: our leadership team are committed to allowing teachers to pursue their professional interests and projects.
• A wide host of benefits as an employee of Elysium Healthcare: including discounted retail.
• A generous employee wellbeing scheme, involving treats and vouchers throughout the year.
• The opportunity to work with often high-achieving students in small groups, seeing the positive difference education makes in their lives.
• The chance to work in a small and friendly team.
To apply please download and complete the attached application form. Please note we do not accept CV’s. We ask that all completed application forms are sent to Lynda Humphreys, school administrator at LHumpreys@elysiumeducation.co.uk or contact the school for further details on 01707 655344.
We will shortlist on Friday 1st October at 9am. Interviews will take place the week beginning 4th October.
Rhodes Wood Hospital School
- Special needs with independent funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 8 - 18 years