The International Community School, Amman, is a school with a bold vision and a big heart. The global home of #themonalisaeffect, and shortlisted for the prestigious 2019 International School Awards, the school is a world leader in the use of student-level data to ensure every child really can thrive, enabling them to tread a learning and #wellbeingfirst road which is personalised to their strengths and needs. One of the most international of international schools in the Middle East, ICS is proud to offer ‘the world in one classroom’, and, through its determination that all stakeholders #makethepoint in everything they do, adopts a trailblazing determination to engage with and serve its local, regional and global community. Fully accredited by CIS and BSO, and a full member of BSME, COBIS and ECIS, ICS identifies and hybridises the very best of global pedagogy and practice, and aims, at all times, to do things differently and well.
ICS is looking to appoint a Geography Teacher to join our young, cohesive and friendly team from August 2019. Applicants should be UK qualified (or equivalent), and able to embody the school’s Guiding Statements and Core Values at all times. They should be optimistic, open-minded and collaborative, and always reflective on their own practice and how it can better meet the attitudinal and aptitudinal needs of each and every student. The ideal candidate will be an outstanding Geography teacher who is able to teach to A-level, and also comfortable and keen to spread the school’s #earlyyearsup approach throughout the school. They may also be expected to contribute to the delivery of an integrated Humanities curriculum at Key Stage 3, and should, therefore, be comfortable and confident outside and beyond their subject-specific domain.
There is also the possibility of a Head of Year role for the successful candidate; for this reason, please make clear in your application if you would like to be considered also for this additional responsibility, and outline any relevant skills and experience in support of this.
ICS offers a highly competitive package, including:
- A generous, tax-free salary for the duration of a two-year contract;
- A comprehensive programme of Continuous Professional Learning;
- A thorough and detailed induction programme;
- Fully-furnished, 2-3 bedroom accommodation;
- An annual utilities allowance;
- Annual return flights;
- Comprehensive medical insurance;
- Free tuition for up to three children;
- Free transportation to and from the school;
- A bonus of one month’s salary upon signing a second contract.
Not only is the International Community School committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, but we are also advising the Ministry of Education in the development of outstanding policy and practice kingdomwide. Applicants must be prepared to undergo stringent child protection screening including checks with past employers and an enhanced DBS check.
ICS is also an equal opportunities employer.
To find out more about the school, please view our recruitment video here.
To apply for the position, please send the following, for the attention of Matthew Savage, Principal, to email@example.com. Please submit each document in pdf format; failure to include all the information below may adversely affect the success of your application:
- A full and up-to-date CV (maximum 2 pages), which:
- includes a recent, professional photo, and your date of birth, nationality, marital status and number/age of any dependents;
- outlines all education, qualifications and employment (from Secondary/High school onwards);
- accounts for and explains any and all gaps in employment or education;
- clearly states the best telephone number, email address and Skype ID on which you can be contacted;
- includes the contact details of at least three referees (one of which must be your current/most recent Headteacher/Principal).
- A Letter of Application (maximum 2 pages), which:
- clearly states for which position you are applying;
- demonstrates clearly how your skills and experience equip you for this role in our school;
- evidences your pedagogy and practice, and enables us to measure you against our Teacher Standards and to distinguish you from other candidates;
- includes the following paragraph: “I declare that I have not been convicted, nor had any criminal proceedings against me, nor have I been warned, either orally or in writing, in relation to any safeguarding issue. I declare that there are no such proceedings pending against me at the date of this declaration. I know of no reason why I should be considered unsuitable for work with children and I have not been dismissed from such a post for malpractice. I understand that the International Community School will carry out enhanced DBS (CRB) checks on all employees on appointment as part of our Safer Recruitment policy, and that my failure to disclose information will result in dismissal in the case of an appointment being made.”
If you are applying as part of a teaching couple, please make this clear in both applications.
The deadline for applications will be 9am (GMT) on 19 December 2018. Please note that, due to the number of applications expected, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Face-to-face interviews will take place in London from 6th to 18th January 2019, Where a candidate is unable to attend an interview in London, the school will consider a Skype interview instead. In addition, candidates may be asked to participate in a preliminary Skype conversation from 2nd to 5th January 2019.
Should you require any further information about the position, or if you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact Abeer Ardekani, HR Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org