Teacher of Geography
Closing Date: 25th February 2019 at 12pm
Salary: Main Scale
Contract type: Full time
Contract Term: Permanent
Accountable to: Head Teacher
What we are looking for:
We are seeking to appoint an inspiring and enthusiastic teacher of Geography at KS3 and GCSE level, who will work closely with the curriculum team to drive and support our pupils in achieving their potential. This post has become available due to the high uptake of Geography as an option at GCSE.
If you have a passion for making sure every pupil succeeds, care about each pupil and have an inclusive approach, then we would be pleased to receive your application.
Who we are:
A unique and inspirational new school where our ethos underpins all we do. We are an oversubscribed new school with year 7 – 11 with future growth and development opportunities. In April 2017 we moved into our purpose built, state of the art building which is well placed for easy commute and motorway access.
What we offer:
• The opportunity to help to develop an emerging and thriving Humanities team
• An opportunity to develop creativity in the teaching and learning of Humanities subjects
• Support from an enthusiastic Leadership Team who are passionate about serving the community and improving outcomes for all students.
• An opportunity to make a difference in a school with a strong ethos of Love, Grace and Fellowship
The successful candidate will:
• Be able to promote an inclusive, successful learning culture and ethos across the school
• Be able to work alongside a committed team in the development of Humanities provision
• Contribute to an engaging learning atmosphere for both students and staff
• Be confident in using and interpreting data tracking
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and the successful candidate will undergo an enhanced DBS and Barred List Check.