Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Geography teacher to cover maternity leave in South West London. This is an all-girls secondary school with an outstanding Ofsted report. The Geography teacher will join a thriving Humanities department, starting in January 2020. This temporary contract is likely to run until the end of the academic year. This role is full time, working five days per week.
About the Role
• Geography teacher
• Full time position covering maternity leave
• Teaching Geography across KS3 and KS4 five days per week
• Maternity cover starting in January 2020, until at least the end of the academic year
• Temporary contract on time sheets
• Daily rate of £140-£170 dependent upon experience
About the School
• A very inclusive secondary school located in South West London
• Outstanding OFSTED report
• Brand new front of house building, along with a new block which is home to the Modern Foreign Languages and ICT suites. In addition to this, much of the original building has been maintained, which has high ceilings and large classrooms
• Expansive outdoor space
• Excellent transport links, this school is easily accessible from various underground stations, including Hammersmith, Fulham Broadway and Putney. Located in zone 2, you can easily reach the school on a multitude of buses. Alternatively if you’re a driver, you may want to try public transport as the parking in this area is mostly reserved for residents
In order to be considered for this role, the Geography teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS
• Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number LXD15070GT
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.