Smart Teachers is recruiting for an experienced and qualified Geography Teacher to join an outstanding Catholic school in East London/Essex borders. The successful Geography Teacher will teach classes up to A Level. The role is full time and long term with a view to a permanent contract for the right candidate. The school is outstanding and well established. It is a happy community and pupils achieve well. The successful Geography Teacher will be appointed to start work at the start of the new academic year in September 2020.
About the Role
• Geography Teacher
• KS3 – KS5
o Full time, permanent
o £28000 - £44541 per annum - Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are: QTS, SENCO / SEN Teacher specialism
About the School
• Outstanding Catholic school
• Well established, pupils achieve well
• Large site, well resourced
• Supportive leadership team
• East London, zone 5
In order to be considered for this role, the Geography Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS
• Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number GMH19136
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.