St George´s School Malaga is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post-holders are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS (in the UK) or Criminal Records (Police Check) disclosure from their most recent country of residence.
St George´s School Malaga is the only British style school in Malaga. The school offers a high quality British style education for both local and international students aged 3 – 18. St George´s School Malaga teaches the English National Curriculum in EYFS, KS1, 2 and 3, the iGCSE in Years 10 and 11, and the Advanced Level programme in Years 12 and 13. Our students go on to study at top European universities. There are currently over 700 students attending the school. Learning takes place in well-resourced classrooms, delivered by internationally qualified educators who prepare students for an international future as global citizens.
The school is located in a northern suburb of Malaga, a beautiful city on the Andalusian coast. The climate in Malaga is most agreeable all year round.
St George´s School Malaga has high expectations of its staff and welcomes fully qualified, flexible, creative, child-centred applicants who will further enhance the quality of teaching and learning. Successful candidates will have an up to date knowledge of curriculum developments, be passionate about children both within and outside the classroom, and be experienced and dynamic teachers who hold a relevant degree, have appropriate work experience and have a clear understanding of teaching at throughout the Secondary levels.
Candidates must have appropriate work experience and have a clear understanding of teaching at the following levels: KS3, iGCSE, and AS/A levels. Individuals must be outstanding teaching practitioners, enjoy inspiring students through a student centred approach to learning, have the ability to provide a model of excellent classroom practice, be highly committed, be confident in data analysis, and possess excellent IT, organisational and communication skills.
Please state in your letter how your previous experience will ensure you will be successful in this role. Every member of the teaching staff is expected to contribute to the wider community aspect of school life.
Since we are a British style school we will only consider applications from candidates who:
- are UK nationals and who have QTS status or equivalent, recognised for the purposes of teaching in the UK or overseas and hold an appropriate teaching qualification.
- have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a school in the UK or British style school overseas (exceptional NQTs may be considered)
- are in possession of an up to date Police Clearance / DBS certificate from the country of your most recent teaching
- demonstrate in their letter of application how they will use their experience to address the challenges of teaching expatriate and local children in a British style school in Spain.
We only wish to receive applications from people who are truly attracted to and interested in working at our school in Malaga. Therefore, speculative generic CV's will not be considered.
Teachers at St George´s School Malaga:
- are passionate about education,
- inspire their pupils through their engaging and demanding teaching,
- participate in all aspects of school life creating a warm and safe community to which parents, staff and students are proud to belong
- are flexible and have a sense of humour
If this describes you then we would welcome an application from you. Your application should be submitted by email, (CV and cover letter and names and email contacts of three referees, one of whom must be your current or most recent employer) to email@example.com
Closing date 15th December 2017
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and interviews will be held by Skype. St George´s School Malaga actively considers applications from teaching couples. The School reserves the right to make an appointment before the closing date if a suitable candidate is found. If shortlisted, you will have to present a current DBS certificate or Police Check from your current country of employment, copies of teaching qualifications which would allow you to teach in a British school and proof of identity.