About the Opportunity
Interviews will be held prior to the closing date should the right applicant apply. Please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Would you like to teach and lead students to be whatever they want to be in a disadvantaged area? Do you want to be part of an exciting improvement journey? If yes – join us at JMA.
The John Madejski Academy is a mixed Comprehensive 11 – 18 School in Reading. Originally a specialist sports college, PE and Performance Sport still plays a significant part in the school. The Sixth Form has seen substantial success academically, on a sporting level in the last few years it has seen an increase in numbers from budding sports young ladies and men wishing to receive quality coaching and thus be able to pursue success and careers within sports. Years 7 – 11 provision is developing and rapidly expanding. Providing a broad curriculum for our students with plenty of opportunities is our priority; showing them that anything is possible with hard work and that no aspiration is off limits to them.
We are looking for a talented individual to teach and love our students really well. Experience is not essential, but passion, drive and determination is.
The Team at JMA are friendly, supportive and dedicated to the journey we are on.
The successful candidate will be
- A dynamic, inspirational and enthusiastic practitioner with high expectations
- Fully committed to learning, high quality teaching and raising standards of all students
- Passionate about your subject; able to inspire and motivate students and staff
- Committed to ensuring all students reach their potential
- Able to recognise opportunities and face challenges, whilst maintaining your sense of humour and care for young people
- Capable of promoting partnerships and collaborative working
- A role model for our students and staff
More details can be found in the supporting job description attached. If you wish to visit the school this may be possible with Covid restrictions in place. Please email the Principal's PA, Bon Meredith, to book an appointment - firstname.lastname@example.org . Please see the link direct to our school website to learn more about us - https://www.johnmadejskiacademy.co.uk/
We Can Offer You
- A good school and a highly supportive Senior Leadership Team
- An opportunity to develop your leadership skills with an eye towards further leadership.
- A well-resourced, hard-working and supportive team.
- Excellent care and support for all staff.
- Comprehensive induction and on-going opportunities for Professional Development.
- A positive and stimulating learning environment which values the contribution of all staff.
- Enthusiastic students, willing to learn.
Are you looking to move into the area?
It's an exciting prospect to be moving into Reading or neighboring Berkshire areas. To help you with your search whether you are looking to buy or rent, www.rightmove.co.uk has the latest on properties for you to consider! If you would like to learn more about Reading please visit www.reading.gov.uk/
We know that your role requires you to put a lot of time and effort into it and because of this we believe you should be rewarded. As a White Horse Federation employee you will have access to benefits listed below.
Some benefits are accessible by all staff irrespective of their contract type (T). Some are only eligible to permanent (P) employees following a successful probation period as noted:
- Car Purchase scheme (P)
- Reward Gateway discounts (P&T)
- Discounted gym membership scheme (P&T)
- Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme (P)
- Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service (P&T)
- Excellent Pension scheme (P&T)
Why Work With Us
The White Horse Federation (TWHF) is a not-for-profit multi-academy trust that supports and sponsors many primary, secondary and special schools across Wiltshire, Gloucestershire, Swindon, Oxfordshire and Berkshire.
Its shared vision for excellence through partnership means it is also committed to keeping the best of what makes a local school great – in other words, the type of schools where TWHF colleagues would be proud to send their own children.
TWHF combines a relentless drive for academic excellence with a shared moral purpose and shared values, while ensuring that fun and happiness are a key attribute of each of its schools. TWHF believes that partnership-working with its schools, pupils and their parents, as well as the wider community, helps creates the best possible outcomes for all children.
TWHF empowers its colleagues through support, training and career opportunities to recruit and retain outstanding staff who are leaders in their field. That way TWHF can ensure that every student achieves their full potential, regardless of background, culture, heritage or ability.
The White Horse Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. If successful for this position you will be expected to apply for a disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service before appointment is confirmed. References will be sought on shortlisted candidates before interview.
John Madejski Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
John Madejski Academy is a rapidly improving school with a cutting edge curriculum and exciting professional development opportunities. We are passionate about transforming the life chances of our students through excellent teaching and learnin...