Smart Teachers welcomes overseas trained Geography Teachers, experiences of newly gradates, to join a “Good” rated comprehensive school in Greenwich, South East London. The successful candidate will be delivering outstanding Geography lessons within a successful Humanities Department. The school is situated close to local amenities and excellent transport links to enable easy access from central London and fringe areas. This permanent position will begin in September 2019.
About the Role
• Geography Teacher / Geography newly qualified teacher
• Teach and plan Geography across a full secondary timetable
• SEN support involved
• Permanent and full time
• Salary from $56,000AUD - $75,000AUD (dependent on experience)
About the School
• Very large 11-18 comprehensive school which has around 2000 pupils
• “Good” rated school
• Have distinct provisions in place for various SEN pupils
• Students come to their sixth form from a wide range of schools including grammar and fee-paying schools
About the location
• Located in the London Borough of Greenwich, on the banks of the River Thames.
• Greenwich is known for its maritime history and the Royal Observatory (the site of the Greenwich meridian line).
• Minutes from Central London
• Surrounded by historical sites and royal heritage
In order to be considered for this role, the Geography Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Have experience working as a Secondary Geography Teacher or equivalent
• Hold a Post graduate certificate of education/B Ed or equivalent Geography teaching qualification
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa), sponsorship license held for exceptional candidates
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
• OS teachers and Newly qualified teachers are welcome to apply
Benefits of registering with Smart Teachers:
• Dedicated Australian-based team available to answer your queries before you move abroad, and a London-based team to support you when you land
• Completely free service
• An invitation to join our Overseas Teachers social group and attend our monthly events, connecting you with other migrants.
• Smart is powered by Tes, the world's largest education community that provides curriculum resources, career support and more.
• Teaching overseas is a great way to develop personally and professionally’ and is a great addition to your CV.
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
• Free CPD workshops
• Regular social events
• Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria.
If you are applying from Australia or New Zealand please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number RCR21623RXP
If you are anywhere else in the world, please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number RCR21623RXP.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.