Smart Teachers is recruiting for a talented Geography Teacher for September 2017. The successful Geography Teacher will be joining a school rated by Ofsted as being ‘good’. Situated in Surrey, a short walk from an over ground station is this co-ed school that caters for children aged 11 to 16. Newly Qualified Teachers are welcome to apply. This will be a permanent position for the right candidate.
About the Role
· Geography Teacher
· NQTs are welcome to apply
· KS3 and KS4 timetable
· Marking/planning involved with full teaching responsibilities
· Permanent contract ideally
· MPS - £25,000 - £40,000 depending on experience
About the School
· Rated ‘good with outstanding features’ by Ofsted
· It is an average sized mixed secondary school
· The school has gained various awards relating to the provision of a performing arts academy
· It is a heavily over-subscribed school
· Colleagues are supported if they wish to undertake accredited development such as their Master’s Degree
· Strong exam results improving year on year
· School plans events for staff and pupils alike to keep the working environment healthy for all from a bake-off to paintball
· Located in the South West London area, with good rail and road access (Zone 7 within a 10 minute walk from the station)
In order to be considered for this role, the Geography Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Hold a Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
· Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum (preferable)
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting Job Reference number RXNC12612.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.