Teacher: Geography Teacher
International Section, Institut auf dem Rosenberg, Switzerland
We are seeking a motivated and engaging Geography teacher to join the Social Sciences Department of Institut auf dem Rosenberg. The ability to teach History and/or an additional subject is an advantage.
We are particularly interested in hearing from candidates who
· Have taught Geography and History to middle school and high school students and prepared students for (I)GCSEs/A-Levels exams
· Have taught Geography and History to US High School Diploma/Advanced Placement students
· Employ modern teaching techniques and have a proven track record of classroom management and in-class differentiation
· Have the ability to work with mixed age groups of students
· Are willing to develop and implement the school curriculum where necessary and take a lead in Institut auf dem Rosenberg’s extensive sports and/or co-curricular programmes
· Have experience with teaching outside the classroom and creating exciting excursions, which to the curriculum
· An appropriate degree with PGCE or equivalent teaching-qualification
· A minimum of 5 years' teaching experience
· The ability and willingness to teach UK (I)GCSEs/A-Levels, and US High School Diploma/Advanced Placement
· Proven track record of guiding students through the examinations for the above degrees with excellent grades
· Dedication to the ongoing development and excellence of Institut auf dem Rosenberg
· Commitment to the school's values and ethos
Institut auf dem Rosenberg is a leading independent boarding-school for students aged 6-19 years, offering five different international education systems (Swiss, German, Italian, British and American). The school's International Section offers UK IGCSEs and A-Levels, and US High School Diploma and Advanced Placement. For years the school has pioneered ways to educate children and young adults according to their individual abilities, talents and goals for the future.
· A rare opportunity to work in a highly successful and internationally renowned school
· A truly international environment and outstanding facilities
· Colleagues committed to excellence, and a teacher/student ratio of 1:3
· An entrepreneurial working atmosphere, dedicated to ensuring every student can follow an individual development plan and maximise his or her potential
· Attractive remuneration package including pension and optional accommodation
Candidates should supply a CV, letter of application detailing clearly their suitability for the post, and contact-details of three referees. Send to email@example.com, stating "Geography Teacher" in the subject-line.
Closing date for applications: 21 March. Early applications are encouraged. Initial interviews will be conducted via Skype.
A priority will be given to EU and Swiss passport holders.
Any offer of appointment will be subject to child-protection screening including reference checks with previous employers, and clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service (previously known as CRB) or equivalent.