Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Geography teacher to work within a large secondary school in the London Borough of Wandsworth. This is a full time teaching position, and the successful Geography teacher will be on a temporary contract until the end of the academic year. This is a maternity cover contract. The hours of the school are 8:15am to 4pm. The Geography teacher will also be required to teach some History and Religious Education lessons. This will largely be teaching KS3 students. This position will start after the October half term or sooner.
About the Role
• Geography teacher with some History and Religious Education lessons
• Working across KS3
• There is general LSA support across the school
• Maternity cover starting in October 2019, until the end of the academic year
• Hours are 8.15am to 4pm, from Monday to Friday
• Pay starts at £140 per day, and is dependent upon experience
• Required to plan lessons, mark books and attend parents’ evenings, meetings and trips
About the School
• All girls secondary mainstream school located in the London Borough of Wandsworth
• Rated by Ofsted as Good, this is a large secondary school commutable from South West London
• Large modern and recently refurbished buildings
• Spacious classrooms and bright communal areas
• The school is located in Zone 3, and is accessible via overground and underground tube stations
In order to be considered for this role, the Geography teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS
• Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Reference number LXD1109GT.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.
#STPrime, #STSec or #Ta