International School Rheintal is seeking to recruit an outstanding PYP German teacher for our growing community IB international school in a beautiful region of Switzerland.
The successful candidate will be joining our diverse team of dedicated and experienced international school teachers at our age 3-18 school.
Candidates should be highly experienced in teaching German to fluent and beginner primary-age German speakers. We are looking for teachers with a professional commitment to a student-initiated, inquiry-led approach to teaching and learning.
As ‘small and mighty’ not-for-profit international school, we offer a supportive environment and are looking for teachers that are driven to contribute to our thriving community of 160 students and 38 staff. In 2020 we were ranked 9th in Switzerland for our IBDP results and in the top 50 in Europe. We open a new 30 million CHF environmentally conscious school building in 2023. Our teachers are making a significant contribution to the design and development of this project; and you could too! It is an exciting time to be at ISR.
We are seeking teachers who:
- are a qualified teacher with at least five years teaching experience (with qualified teacher status, or internationally recognised equivalent) with, as a minimum, a bachelor’s degree
- Have significant experience and expertise in teaching German in the primary years.
- Promote a well organised, inspiring and inquiry-led learning environment
- Offer enthusiasm and demonstrates a positive, empathetic approach to students, colleagues and the wider community
- Are internationally-minded and committed to the IB philosophy and approach
- Are comfortable integrating technology into teaching and learning
- Are committed to constant improvement
- Engage with and contribute to the full life of the school
We will provide:
- An excellent salary and package
- An opportunity to live and work in an area of outstanding beauty
- A professionally-stimulating and supportive local and international community environment
- An opportunity to impact on the future design and development of our school
The closing date for application is 1st February, 2021. Completed application forms are submitted to email@example.com. Please save the file with your family name and then first name. CVs will not be accepted as an application. You can find the application form and further information at www.isr.ch.
We aim to longlist, shortlist and interview within 4 weeks of the closing date. If you have not heard from us within these 4 weeks, we will not be pursuing your application at this time.
Start Date: August 2021.
At ISR we are committed to providing a safe, happy environment in which children and young people are able to thrive and learn. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our pupils irrespective of race, ability, religion, gender or culture.
All post holders in regulated activity (having regular unsupervised contact with children) are subject to appropriate national and international vetting procedures including satisfactory criminal record checks from both your country of residence/birth and any country of residence within the last 10 years.
You must meet the following requirements for a visa or working permit:
- 3 years teaching experience.
- A degree related to subject taught.
- Bachelors with Teaching Qualification, PGCE or PGDE, UK Qualified Teacher Status or similar teaching qualification.
- Proficient in German, English.
- Should hold a valid passport from either Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden or United Kingdom.
- References, Criminal background check
- Over 25 and below 63 years of age
The International School Rheintal (ISR)
Buchs, Switzerland, 9470
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 19 years