Smart Teachers is recruiting for an experienced Girls’ PE Teacher to join an outstanding independent school in Westminster. This full time teaching position is available for a Maternity Cover for a September 2018 start and will be contracted through to the end of the first term. Should the candidate be interested in continuing until the end of the current academic year, there is a potential for this to go into a permanent contract in January ’19. The school caters for a wide range of abilities and learning styles, achieving strong results at GCSE and A Levels. The way the PE lessons are structured at this school requires a female teacher, as they will be required to teach female students only.
About the Role
- Girls’ PE Teacher
- Preference for a netball / dance specialist
- Will promote the delivery of outstanding Physical Education teaching from KS3 to KS5
- Full time maternity cover
- Up to £40,000 depending on experience
About the School
- An outstanding independent school in Westminster
- The school is passionate about extending student learning outside the classroom and in recent years they have been to New York, Tanzania and the United Nations in Geneva
- PE is an incredibly popular subject throughout all the key stages at the school
- The school is looking to interview ASAP
- Easy to access using multiple routes using public transport
In order to be considered for this role, the Girls’ PE Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
- A PGCE qualification or equivalent, specialising in Physical Education
- Have recent classroom experience in the UK (minimum one term)
- Have strong behaviour management skills
- Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS / police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
- Free CPD workshops
- Regular social events
- Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number IXK17355.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.