Responsible to: Governing body
Hours of Work: 2 days per week, 38 weeks per year
We are seeking a proactive and highly organised Governance Professional with the main purpose:
• Provide advice to the governing body on governance, constitutional, procedural matters and best governance practice.
• Provide effective administrative support to the governing body and its committees.
• Ensure the governing body is properly constituted
• Manage information effectively in accordance with legal and governor requirements
The successful candidate will:
• Have good interpersonal skills.
• Have already attended or make a commitment to attend the National Training Programme for Clerks or its equivalent
• Knowledge of governing body procedures;
• Knowledge of educational legislation, guidance and legal requirements;
• Knowledge of the respective roles and responsibilities of the governing body, the Principal and the DfE.
To apply please visit the vacancies section on www.petcheyacademy.org.uk to complete an application form.
Closing date: 28/06/19 at 9 am
OUR COMMITMENT TO SAFEGUARDING
The Petchey Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be requested to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
A Section 128 check will be carried out on individuals applying for any role that retains or has been delegated any management responsibilities under the terms of a direction made by the Secretary of State for Education.
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUALITY
The Petchey Academy is committed to promoting equality for all students and employees. Every individual will be treated with courtesy and respect and their contribution to the learning process will be valued.
If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding position, enriching the lives of the students who attend The Petchey Academy, then we are keen to hear from you.