2 year fixed term contract until August 2019
Bethany School seeks an energetic, hardworking, flexible person to join our Boarding team and teaching team. This is an ideal role for a graduate wishing to embark on a Teacher Training qualification which will be fully funded by the School in their second year of contact. This role also includes full time live in accommodation and food during term time.
· To teach an agreed timetable of key stage lessons and to provide in class support for examination classes;
· To assist with the accompanying of school trips during weekdays and weekends;
· Responsible for covering lessons in the event of an emergency and a duty evening each week and one duty weekend in three;
· To contribute to the life of the Boarding School by helping to organise concerts and House events, or in such other ways as will utilise or develop the skills of the Graduate Resident Assistant;
· Required to sleep in School accommodation every night during term-time;
· Willingness to assist with extra-curricular activities
· Opportunity to work one-to-one with Scholars;
· A desire to complete a school direct PGCE through Canterbury Christchurch University.
Further details and an application pack can be obtained from the School website under the ‘About Bethany’ section.
Closing date for submitting applications is 12 noon 27 July 2017.
Bethany School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo enhanced child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. The appointment will be made without regard to gender, age or ethnic origin. Bethany School is an Equal Opportunities Employer.