Job Title: Graduate Marketing Intern
Reports To: Senior Marketing Manager
No line management responsibilities
Full time, 1 year fixed-term position
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
To provide support across a wide variety of activities in the Marketing Department and wider External Relations Department. You will gain hands-on experience in social media management, event management, planning and running campaigns, PR, website and e-mail marketing, research, search engine marketing, brand development and more.
• Assist in the preparation, execution and reporting of school events
• Take photos and assist in the management of the shared photo drive
• Produce content for website, newsletters and other marketing materials
• Keep the website updated and upload content as necessary
• Provide basic design support for events and marketing materials
• Assist in marketing and advertising promotional activities
• Assist in the distribution of promotional materials
• Conduct tours for visitors
• Perform market analysis and research
• Collect quantitative and qualitative data from marketing campaigns
• Support the marketing team in daily administrative tasks
• Assist the Admissions Department with duties as required
• Assist the Development and Engagement Department with duties as required
*This role does involve out of hours working, including some evenings and weekends
The above is not an exhaustive list and in a rapidly changing world, particularly in the marketing sector, there will be variations in these duties and responsibilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
• Awareness of different marketing techniques
• Ability and willingness to work enthusiastically as a member of a team, within prescribed guidelines and on own initiative
• Ability to organise and prioritise work, meet deadlines and work effectively under pressure
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office – including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher
• Passion for the marketing industry and its best practices
• Experienced with photography, video filming and audio recording
• Ability to liaise with staff and pupils in a professional manner
• Ability to respect confidentiality
• Experience of using Adobe Creative Cloud – including Acrobat, Photoshop and Indesign
• Familiarity with marketing computer software and online applications (e.g. CRM tools, online analytics and Google Adwords)
• Understanding of the priorities of an educational establishment
Salary and Benefits
• Salary is £16,000 per year.
• Normal hours of work are 37.5 hours per week and are from 08.00 to 16.30 Monday to Friday.
• Lunches are available free of charge.
• Parking is normally available but not guaranteed.
The Abbey School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as an employee of The Abbey you are expected to share this commitment. The protection of our students’ welfare is the responsibility of all staff within the Abbey School and individuals are expected to conduct themselves in a way that reflects the principles of our organisation
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Under current legislation, we are required to advise applicants that this appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service enhanced disclosure. Details of any criminal record (spent or unspent, due to exemption from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974) must be disclosed at interview. Only relevant convictions and other information will be taken into account so disclosure need not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position at this School. For further information, contact the Disclosure and Barring Service on
0870 9090 811 or visit the Disclosure website at www.disclosuresdbs.co.uk.