37 hours per week, 38 weeks per year
Fixed term until July 2020 in the first instance
Inspire their remarkable with us
Cottingley Primary Academy in Leeds is a positive, nurturing and inspiring learning environment that provides a happy, caring community where everyone is encouraged and supported to achieve their goals. Our children are keen to learn, are well behaved and want to achieve their best.
Are you a committed and hard-working graduate that would love to make an impact here at Cottingley Primary Academy. Our “Good” school (Ofsted 2019) has an excellent track record in successfully supporting graduates who are aspiring teachers. We are a popular school in our community and within commutable distance of Wakefield, Leeds, Bradford and close to the M1 and A1 motorways.
We are looking to appoint a highly skilled individual with the charisma and presence to engage, enthuse and effectively support to our children with their learning. As a Graduate Pupil Support Assistant you will need to be a versatile individual with SEN experience.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience of supporting and adapting learning for pupils in any phase.
- Have experience of working with young people
- Be robust, resilient and take pride in helping students who can sometimes find school life challenging.
- Be flexible, positive and have a ‘can do’ attitude
Why should you join us:
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More training and development, so you can get better at what you do - Varied and stretching continuous professional development opportunities.
- More support for you and your loved ones - A health cash plan, employee loans and savings scheme, discounted gym membership and employee assistance programme.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More reward - A generous and flexible Local Government Pension scheme for support staff.
- More possibilities - To inspire children to find their remarkable.
Closing date: Monday 20 January 2020
This post is fixed term until July 2020 and is required to commence as soon as possible.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CVs. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today by clicking the 'Quick Apply' button below.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.