1 year Fixed Term Contract from September 2020
The Sports Department at King Alfred School, provides an enjoyable and inclusive programme of sport and exercise in a safe learning environment. We provide opportunities for every pupil from 4 to 18 to develop physically, socially and emotionally, allowing them to reach their full potential.
The Sports Department has five specialist teachers. We all teach across the age-range, from Reception to 13; groups are mixed-ability and each is never more than twenty students in total in a class.
The role of Graduate Sports Assistant will cover:
Teaching & Learning
- To support the sports programme by coaching or teaching
- To assist teachers in the delivery of lessons in the classroom
- To provide expertise in specific sporting areas.
- To contribute to and develop the extra-curricular program and support it by coaching, umpiring/refereeing
- To organise student events and fixtures
- To represent the school at weekend and weekday fixtures
- To be involved in residential trips, such as camps and DofE.
- To assist academic staff with the implementation of school policies and provide general administrative support to the department
The post-holder should:
- Hold a university degree, ideally in Sports Science or sports related
- Have experience working with children across the 4 to 18 age range
- Be able to evidence leadership in sport
- Have a high level of IT Literacy
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills
- Have the ability to command respect of students, staff and parents.
Please see the attached job pack for the details of the duties involved in this role, as well as a person specification of our ideal candidate.
If you share our vision and are a reflective, hard-working, and forward-thinking professional, we would very much like to hear from you.
Closing date for applications: Friday 24 April 2020
To apply for this role please visit our website and apply using our online Application Form.
All members of the King Alfred School community are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.