Moreton Hall is seeking to employ a Graduate Sports Coach to assist in a busy and successful PE Department with effect from September 2019. The successful candidate will play a significant role in the coaching and management of teams.
The Graduate Sports Coach will be expected to be available at all times that school sport takes place, including weekends during term-time. The appointment will be for a fixed term of one year.
The successful applicant will be directly responsible to the Director of Sport. The position involves supporting the Director of Sport in a wide range of sports related activities and contributing to the boarding life of the school.
• Support the Director of Sport in all aspects of the delivery of the sports programme, including teaching, monitoring sports clothing and equipment, risk management, events coordination, organising of team kits etc
• Assist with the general administration of the sports department including using the databases ISAMS and SOCS
• Coach other sports as directed by the Director of Sport
• Support the department in delivery of the School Tournaments that we host.
• Work with the department to organise curriculum sport, activities, fixtures and tournaments
• Support the Junior Sports Programme as directed by the Director Of Sport
• Help, support and teach the junior PE programme including, lesson planning and report writing
• Ensure Health and Safety is paramount in all activities carried out at the school
• Attend weekly fixtures home and away on Wednesdays and the weekends
• Suitable coaching qualification in a major sport ideally Hockey and or Netball, coupled with relevant experience
• Suitable coaching qualification in an alternate sport or at standard to be able to complete suitable qualification once in post
• Level 2 Coaching Qualification in Hockey and/or Netball
• Experience of coaching and playing at a high level
• Umpiring qualification or willingness to gain these in Hockey, Netball and Cricket
• Other sports related qualifications and interests including strength and conditioning
• Hardworking and conscientious
• Team player
• Flexibility to meet the changing needs of the job
• Creativity to make the programme dynamic, interesting and forward-looking.
• Willing to support all aspects of the programme and cover during the unexpected
• Ability to integrate with personnel across all areas of the school.
• Leadership experience and potential
Please note this is not an exhaustive list of requirements and responsibilities.
Moreton Hall is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Moreton Hall, established in 1913 by the Lloyd-Williams family, is an independent boarding school and day school for girls aged 3-18 and boys aged 3-11. First Steps Nursery opened in 2007 for 1-3 year olds.
Moreton Hall is in an area of considerable natural beauty with excellent road and rail links both to north and south. It is situated midway between Shrewsbury and Chester with excellent road and rail links to the Midlands and the North of England.
The application form, full CV and brief covering letter should be sent to:
Mr J Forster
Accommodation may be available