Graduate Support Worker– Social, Emotional, Mental Health Needs
- Rate: £61.50 - £70 (per day) per hour depending training, experience and qualifications
- *New requirement for the new school term – role available for an immediate start or Vision are flexible on start date*
- Relevant experience working within Children, young people or adults is vital for this role through Vision for Education - Vision will need to be able to obtain recent references - please only apply for this role if you have experience. Contact us to find out more.
Full time requirement for an Graduate Support Worker to work with students based in an alternative provision setting.
The Graduate Support Worker role involves supporting the educational and personal development of young people aged 8 -16 years in an innovative, forward thinking and holistic education programme.
This setting is nurture based and involves working to a very high standard to support students who may have experienced or be experiencing a range of social, emotional and mental health problems and in some cases, other challenges and require a very specific approach.
We are looking for the best of talent for this Graduate Support Worker– Social, Emotional, Mental Health Needs role. We need people with a passion for supporting others and helping them achieve to the best of their ability, aim high and have the best life chances possible.
You may be interested in a career in education, psychology, teaching or mentoring and will develop many skills from the exceptional and invaluable in house training this school offer. You will be inducted into the ethos and policies of the school and work under the guidance of leaders, class teachers and the pastoral team.
This Graduate Support Worker person is required to assist the student in accessing the best education possible and must be a strong role model.In order to be successful in this Graduate role you will require a high degree of patience, resilience, excellent interpersonal skills, high standards of professionalism, positivity and sensitivity.
We are ideally interested in hearing from individuals with some experience either volunteering or supporting young people, children or adults through education, youth work, sports, health and social care, counselling, residential support, child protection, safeguarding, coaching or mentoring.
This could be in the form of a placement, job or voluntary experience.Relevant degree disciplines would include Psychology, Behavioural Sciences, Youth Work, Childhood Studies, Social Work, Education Studies, Sports Sciences, Core and Foundation Curriculum Subjects amongst many more. We are also interested in what you can bring to the role in terms of interpersonal skills.
Any experience of working with individuals with SEMH or SEN (Special Educational Needs) will also be highly advantageous.One of the most important aspects is commitment are consistency of support. We are seeking applications for this Graduate Support Worker– Social, Emotional, Mental Health Needs role from candidates who have availability to begin working full time within the next 4 weeks, or have a short notice period.
Why Vision for Education?
- Access to our training – always free of charge
- Excellent rates of pay and support
- Fully expensed social events
- Knowledgeable consultants
- Excellent success rates for staff moving from temporary to permanent contracts
- Fully supportive of your career and ambitions
Please ring our friendly and helpful SEND team in Huddersfield to discuss your application further on 01484 642928 or email@example.com