GRADUATE TEACHING ASSISTANTS (2 posts)
1 year fixed term contract in the first instance but with progression routes into teaching
Free accommodation for six months
The Academy is seeking to appoint two graduate teaching assistants to join our enthusiastic and committed team to work in either science, maths or English. Ideally we are looking for candidates who are considering a potential career in teaching as we would look to train suitable candidates when they are ready.
The successful candidate must:
- Be able to form positive working relationships with staff and students
- Be competent in working with students on a daily basis to improve their learning
- Preferably have Science and/or Maths A level at grade A-C
- Ensure the children are cared for in a happy, safe and stimulating environment
- Follow and implement all the policies and procedures set out by the Academy
- Work in partnership with parents, House Leaders and outside agencies
- Have high expectations of students in terms of learning, achievement and behaviour
- Have enthusiasm for developing innovative approaches to learning, teaching, mentoring and guidance
- Have a commitment to developing opportunities for student voice, leadership and participation
- Be educated to degree level
- Be considering a potential career in teaching
We are seeking to employ staff who have a thirst to develop young people and build teams committed to academic and pastoral success. This is a fantastic opportunity to play a key role in influencing positive learning outcomes for our students.
This is an exciting time to be joining our new Academy. Our new building houses the English, science and mathematics departments in state of the art facilities. Our Academy is a vibrant and friendly place to teach, with 726 students currently on roll 11-16 yrs. We are pleased to announce that we have recruited to full capacity for Year 7 in September 2018 with regular in-year enquiries to join our academy. We offer excellent CPD opportunities for staff at all levels.
If you are interested in applying please download the information and complete the application form which can be found at www.OIEA.co.uk/vacancies . Please return your completed application form together with a covering letter saying why you feel you are suitable for the post to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: Friday 14 December 2018. Interview date to be confirmed.
Ormiston Ilkeston Enterprise Academy is committed to safeguarding all our students. Successful candidates will be required to undergo enhanced DBS checks and reference requests will indicate specific questions relating to their suitability to work with children.