Applications are invited for a part-time Groundsperson to commence in January 2020. You will be required to hold a current driver’s licence. A background in landscaping or parks and gardens maintenance would be an advantage.
Your main duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Using a line trimmer
• Cleaning and tidying
• Chemical spraying
• General school maintenance and repairs
Experience and competence in the use of a range of of maintenance, tools, plant and mechanical equipment is required. Landscaping and work health safety experience or qualifications would be an advantage.
To be successful in this role you will be able to demonstrate:
• excellent communication skills with the ability to work both independently as well as part of a small team;
• high levels of integrity, honesty and reliability;
• attention to detail;
• impeccable presentation;
• ability to adapt on the go as demands change; and
• a strong work ethic with outstanding time management skills.
Immaculate Heart School is a primary school with an approximate enrolment of 220. We have "respect" as a central focus for the life of our close knit community. We are a high quality, inclusive Catholic school offering our students a rounded education that supports personal growth based on Christian values. We work hard together as a team to give our students a range and balance of opportunities and the experience of success.
Visit our school website here
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- currently hold or be eligible to hold a Paid Employee Positive Notice Blue Card; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing January 2020
Position Tenure: Fixed Term
Weeks Worked: School term weeks only (holidays unpaid)
Tenure Duration (If Fixed Term): 2020 school year
Total Paid Hours (per wk) & Days Required: Mon-Fri, 4 hrs/day (20 hrs/wk) term time, with an additional 4 weeks casual work to be negotiated during holidays
Salary Level, Range or Hourly Rate: Services Staff Level 3, Step 1 ($26.71/hr)
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement 2015-2019
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Contact Person: Kurt Dutney
Contact Telephone Number: 3812 1077
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Statement of Principles - Schools Opens in new window