Aldar Academies are currently seeking a dedicated professional to be our new Group Head of Ministry of Education (MoE) Subjects in Abu Dhabi commencing September 2019. This role is based at our School Services Centre and involves supporting our family of schools to deliver outstanding provision for all students in Arabic, Islamic Studies and MoE subjects. The role is a senior management position supporting and providing line management to school-based Heads of Departments in these subjects and their teams.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar Education family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
The successful candidate will combine an excellent track record of successful leadership experience in at either Arabic or Islamic Studies, developed in the UAE, with strong inter-personal skills and cultural awareness with the ability manage the demands and needs of all stakeholders. Exceptional communication skills, including being fluent in Arabic and highly competent in English, combined with being a visible leader and ambassador for inclusion are central to this role. The role requires strategic thinking with a firm grasp of how to ensure students achieve their potential, schools are fully compliant with regulatory authorities and staff and leaders across all school deliver high quality teaching and learning. Candidates must also be able to engage with local communities and developing ways to engage with parents and forge effective partnerships with them. The successful candidate will also be able to develop outstanding relationships with regulatory authorities and have an excellent understanding and up to date knowledge of the rules, regulations and decrees concerning MoE subjects. The successful candidate will be closely aligned with the core values and ethos of Aldar Academies and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region. Main Responsibilities
1. Encourage and promote Ministry of Education subjects across schools within the Aldar Education group
2. Be an exemplary practitioner able to offer support and guidance to staff on learning and teaching to promote high standards of educational achievement
3. Liaise closely with outside agencies and other professionals to facilitate outstanding provision for students in schools
4. Provide support to school based Heads of Departments to ensure each school in the group:
a. has robust development plans for each subject
b. develops and maintains accurate records and tracks every students progress and attainment
c. review school assessment data and conduct assessments to identify priority areas and/or pupils for school based targeted intervention
d. plan and deliver a range of programmes of work to support individual and group needs
e. manage compliance and relevant ADEK applications
5. Provide CPD to school staff
6. Identify areas of strength and weakness across the Aldar Education group of schools to support strategic planning.
7. Support school preparations for external inspections (eg. ADEK, MoI, NEASC, BSE, BSME).
8. Support the aims of the schools; comply with the requirements of health and safety, other relevant legislation and school policies
9. Set a good example in terms of dress, punctuality and attendance
10. Undertake other duties from time to time as the Aldar Education Director of Education requires
Education: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Arabic or Islamic Studies or other relevant qualification at this level.
Experience: At least 3 years senior leadership in a similar setting and at least 5 years teaching in schools.
What we offer
Aldar Education are a family of world-class, child centred and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 10,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational and dedicated school leaders. We offer an attractive remuneration package including medical cover, flights, housing and free child school places. Our future-focussed learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching and training. Successful candidates will have access to a wide network of professionals and opportunities to both lead and contribute to training others as well as developing themselves.
Aldar Education are keen to hear from like-minded, forward thinking school leaders who would welcome the challenge and opportunities that we have to offer.
A covering letter and CV including details of two referees should be sent to
firstname.lastname@example.org or submitted via TES
Aldar Academies is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people, and any offer of appointment will be subject to any relevant medical checks and clearance from appropriate safeguarding authorities.