Scale Point 12
£24,462 FTE pro rata
Actual Salary £20,924.53
36 hours per week/Term time only
Hendon School is keen to appoint a forward thinking, innovative and motivated individual to the role of Key Worker for Vulnerable students. The successful candidate will join a department which provides high quality, student centred support
Hendon School is an ambitious ‘Outstanding’ School:
- Can offer excellent support and professional development
- Hendon School is an ‘Outstanding’ School recently identified as one of the top 100 non-selective state funded schools in the country. Students not only achieve outstanding exam results but experience an exceptional community programme. Many students have won local and national awards for their achievements and contributions to society.
Student Support is a hub within Hendon School which provides keyworkers for students, talking space, Art Therapy and First Aid. It is a busy department which values each individual within the team and the wider school community.
We wish to appoint a flexible and enthusiastic individual who uses their initiative to engage outside agencies as well as the resources in school to enrich students experience and support.
The purpose of the role is:
• Care and guidance of students in School
• Liaison with external agencies when necessary and to increase opportunities for students
• Management of interventions and support, including co-ordination and planning
• Communication and record keeping relating to individual students.
We are looking for a candidate with:
• outstanding interpersonal skills
• excellent organisational skills
• the desire to maximise the performance of all students and ensure the very best progress for all
About the employer
We value: individual who is entitled to be treated with respect at all times.
- The particular abilities, needs and hopes of all our school.
- The social, ethnic and religious diversity of Hendon School.
Closing date: 12 noon on Thursday 23rd January 2020
Interview date: w/c 27th January 2020
Hendon School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be requested to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.